My tidy PC - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 07:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default My tidy PC

This is my PC's wire management

View

Old 08-02-2006, 07:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

You forgot to add the pic!

Old 08-02-2006, 08:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

suppose that's a good job, doesn't look like there's too many options for you, plain-jane case, unsleeved PSU, yeah, good job.
[COLOR=\"Red\"]Processor:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] Retail Core 2 Duo X6800[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Blue\"] Week 26/B2[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]RAM:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] 2x1GB OCZ Platinum Rev.2 DDR2-800[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]VGA:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] 1x eVGA 7950GX2[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]Sound Card:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] SB X-Fi XM[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]HDD:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] 2x Raptor 150GB in RAID 0/1x 500GB WD Caviar[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]Optical:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] Plextor DVD-R DL PX-716AL[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]Speakers:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] Logitech z-5500[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]Fans:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] 9x YL D12SM-12[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Lime\"]Water-Cooling:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] MCP355 w/AlphaCool top/PA120.3/AQX MP-05 SP LE/Silverprop Cyclone NexusSX chipset block[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Old 08-02-2006, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yea. I cant get sleaves
Old 08-02-2006, 09:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Christopherj05
yea. I cant get sleaves
not too much of a loss, if you ask me, I spent about 2 hours just sleeving the wires on my fans, (9 of them) it's a real pain.
[COLOR=\"Red\"]Processor:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] Retail Core 2 Duo X6800[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Blue\"] Week 26/B2[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]RAM:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] 2x1GB OCZ Platinum Rev.2 DDR2-800[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]VGA:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] 1x eVGA 7950GX2[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]Sound Card:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] SB X-Fi XM[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]HDD:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] 2x Raptor 150GB in RAID 0/1x 500GB WD Caviar[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]Optical:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] Plextor DVD-R DL PX-716AL[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]Speakers:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] Logitech z-5500[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Red\"]Fans:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] 9x YL D12SM-12[/COLOR]
[COLOR=\"Lime\"]Water-Cooling:[/COLOR][COLOR=\"Black\"] MCP355 w/AlphaCool top/PA120.3/AQX MP-05 SP LE/Silverprop Cyclone NexusSX chipset block[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Old 08-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Techie

Is it just me or does that cpu fan look too small? its not even covering the whole of the top bit, theres gaps as if a smaller one has been fitted?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
True Techie

Hey Chris I suggest you separate those power plugs from each other by removing that nasty looking electrical tape. Then isolate the power cbales going to the HDD. Then take all the excess 4 Pin connectors and stuff them somewhere out of sight. There maybe a little space in between the top of the case and the PSU to stuff the wires in but isn't very clear in the picture. Another option would be for you to tape the excess cables to the PSU. Two of the grey wires comming from the Video Card seem to be doing nothing and just hanging out there. Try removing those. Fold your IDE Cables to make them thinner and rounder http://www.casemodgod.com/cable_management.htm
The link has a comprehensive Cable Management Tutorial that shows how to fold the IDE cables to make them rounder. Has a few helpful tips in there too. Heres the link to the Cable Management threadif you haven't found it yet. http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=95255
Good luck!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

johnny uk. Your correct. The fan is smaller than it should be. But supprisingly it works better with out the large one. So ill stick with it.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Christopherj05
johnny uk. Your correct. The fan is smaller than it should be. But supprisingly it works better with out the large one. So ill stick with it.
Fair enough
Old 08-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I just orderd some cabled tubes for £1 that should make it a little tidyer

Closed Thread