Is my System Overclockable ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmandu

In Runtime
MSI MS-7061 KM4M-V, KM400 Chipset, AMD XP2200+ CPU, 1GB PC2700 DDR Ram, nVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MB 400Mhz, (2) 80GB 7200 Maxtor, (1) 40GB 5400 WD HDs and (1)Seagate 80GB 7200 External HD, O/S XP Pro

I'm NOT seeing any options in the BIOS settings for Voltage or Multiplier changes. Are there Apps out there that will OC my Processor ??

umm i wouldnt use any aps to try to overclock a cpu...

all cpu changes should be done through BIOS... if you have no FSB/HTT settings.. then your out of luck... and if you don't have voltage.. then you can just say no.. that is a big factor in overclocking to keep things stable

if you don't have those settings in the BIOS, you can check with your mobo company to see if there are new BIOS updates.
one of my boards didn't have anything, flahed the bios and it gave me everything.
just be very careful flashing - double and triple check before you do it because you could perminetally screw up if the board doesn't check to see if it's the right update.

Did you buy your computer premade or did you build it. If its a premade computer its likely that you CANT overclock it due to a locked bios.

Did you buy your computer premade or did you build it. If its a premade computer its likely that you CANT overclock it due to a locked bios.
I built it about (3) years ago.

I have the latest BIOS version. Doesn't offer much. I can change the SPD. Whatever that is ????

I bumped the FSB up to 200 and it wouldn't boot up. Cleared the CMOS to factory settings.

It does have a few Rams settings to tweak though in the BIOS. Not sure I should mess with those.

If you can change the FSB. But no voltage. Then all you can do is up the FSB a little bit at a time until it isn't stable anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom