My super ducting mod!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

comrad

In Runtime
OK guys i dont wanna wait to order my TT112 or sonic tower (i cant order because stupid guy i was ognna work for said NO not today) well so i am making a ducting mod for my cpu. I need to know whether my fan to suck or blow, what ever it all has it in the pic below.

And this mod does help , i held it up to the cpu for like 2 minutes my temps dropped -2*C. yeah so i will give this a try. Here is the pick:

99% of all cpu fan's blow air onto the cpu itself not sucking the air off,You'll want the rear fan acting as an intake so you can draw in fresh cool air.

How many fan's do you have in the case? as you will need to have atleast 1 blowing outward's for exaust .

I am almost 100% sure that MY cpu fan blows air into the heatsink. I do not know why. When i put my hand on top of the heat sink there is no air blown on it but when i put it on the side air does blow on it. And i have a 3*C drop in temps, woohoo, and i think this is how my heatsink works :

RIght now i have winamp, opera, msn, norton IS 2005, FOLDING (takes alot of CPU power) and i am overclocked from 2.6 to 3.1 and my temps are 44*C. And they used to be 47*C.

My mistake... after further reading, it does indeed blow air onto the CPU. Odd design, but if the shoe fits...

Regardless, I still believe that if you're making a tunnel from the outside straight to the CPU, that the heat should not be pulled into the CPU, as it's just going to gather. When there's open air space the air is expelled eventually, but since it's going to essentially be an air-tight seal, the air is just going to gather and heat up.

caseyc said:
Regardless, I still believe that if you're making a tunnel from the outside straight to the CPU, that the heat should not be pulled into the CPU, as it's just going to gather. When there's open air space the air is expelled eventually, but since it's going to essentially be an air-tight seal, the air is just going to gather and heat up.

That's why in my post i asked how many fan's he has cause he will need atleast 1 for exaust.

not a good Idea... Air has to blow through the fins of the heatsink so that convection takes place and heat is transfered from the fins to the cooler air blowing. Unless you could actually control the air that is suck so that it is in fact the air that resides a differential from the heatsink, I see no point in making it suck air.

well i have 7 fans, 10 if you count my psu fans. I made that fan in the duct blow air onto the cpu which then comes from the sides of the heatsink. Now the only problem is that my case temps went up. they are now at 28*C from 25*C. But i willl fix that. I will set all of my fans for exhaust and the one blowing on the cpu will be intake and the top will be intake as well.

that's something I've always been wondering about, how do you get temps so low? I hear all these people talking about 22,24 and I can't get below 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom