My RAM timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnelson07

In Runtime
So, my RAM timings are off I know. The RAM says 2-3-3-6 on the side and I want to make it that way. But, it's at 2.5-3-3-?
I don't know which one should be 6. I read the 4th timing should be TRAS but I don't see that as you can see in the image I inserted. Obviously the CAS should be changed to 2 instead of 2.5, and I believe the 3's are correct, but which one do I change to 6? I'm thinking its the 10 or 12.

Thanks in advanced!

ram.jpg

Actually, I'm stupid. As I made this post I saw right below my CAS timing was the TRAS at 7.

Although, when I changed the CAS to 2 and the TRAS to 6, windows booted but by the time it started loading up the desktop it crashed. Obviously, it wasn't stable.

So, what does that mean? Or does that mean anything? I don't know that having a .5 and 1 cycle faster will matter that much in performance, I guess I just figured I'd change it if I could to run a tad faster. Er, rather, to what it was meant to run at.

MOST LIKELY, ie not definite:
you need to up the voltage a tad.
to make my RAM run at its rated speed, i have to up the voltage .20V
try that. dont go too high. go a little at first, or read your RAM specs.

I took the DDR voltage from 2.60v to 2.75v and so far everything seems ok. I'm getting a few Microsoft Errors when I boot up now, not sure if that's a result of the overclocking or not. Other than that everything seems stable.

I don't need to worry about upping the voltage to anything else do I? I've never overclocked before so I didn't know if there is anything I'm missing. Like I figured if you up the voltage to one thing you might need to do it to the processor or something to even it out? I don't know... might sound stupid but in the same breath I am new to this.

Thanks a lot!

TRCD TRPD should be the same numers and TRAS should be the sum of CAS + TRCD + TRPD.
for example.

3-4-4 TRAS should be 11 or 12.

im not sure if this info is correct. i can't remember RAM timings correctly because i haven't changed my RAM timings in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom