My Q9450

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think there may be an FSB hole in my mobo actually, since i am at 1540 FSB, but my system doesnt boot at 1600FSB :mad:

Would you think i may need to overvolt my mobo?

I know that the Q9450 doesn't like to run at 450+, but it will run at 450-500 with the right Vcore setting and decent cooling(it may act weird though).
I had to set my Vcore to 1.35 to get it stable with a 475 fsb, and I had to pump up the motherboard voltage as well, but I hate pushing it to the limits and letting it run like that 24/7, so my 3.4Ghz is enough for me right now.

Im running the Vcore at 1.185(cpuz) right now and it is stable at 3.4Ghz, maybe it's just the 45nm that doesn't need alot of voltage. I thought it was weird too when I was overclocking and it was stable with a low Vcore.

Global
Read that, it has alot of good information on GTLVREF Lanes and how they work. The only reason that I stated to make it +30, -10, 0, 0 is because that is what most of the people at evga state the Q9450 likes to run at and it makes your system more stable. If you have it set to Auto you are nowhere near those values probably.

Cheers. I dont see the option in my BIOS, so im gonna give that a miss, but what do you think i should keep my LDT multiplier at? i currently have it at 5x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom