My Q9450

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark strike1

In Runtime
Hey guys, loving my new rig it's running smooth and I haven't run into any video corruption yet with the 7 series board. I just wanted to see if you guys think my overclock looks good, I have speedstep disabled and C1E disabled so it should not be "throttling" anymore. Also how does my Vcore look, too low? too high?

These temps are while prime95 is running
Here is the link for it:
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2598/95086897iy9.jpg

The Q9450 is a dream, no doubt :D i know, i have it :D

The video corruption only happens when i use Media Player Classic w/ K-Lite Codec and playing .avi files, it never happens when i play H.264 .mkv files :O so i use VLC for .avi files, and though i prefer Media player classic, i dont like the vid corruption so i am sticking with VLC for the moment.

BTW what difference does it make if you use or dont use C1E and speedstep? since it only kicks in when u r not doing anything intensive, doesnt it just seem counterproductive to leave it off?

PS do u plan on OCing the Q9450?

The Q9450 is a dream, no doubt :D i know, i have it :D

The video corruption only happens when i use Media Player Classic w/ K-Lite Codec and playing .avi files, it never happens when i play H.264 .mkv files :O so i use VLC for .avi files, and though i prefer Media player classic, i dont like the vid corruption so i am sticking with VLC for the moment.

BTW what difference does it make if you use or dont use C1E and speedstep? since it only kicks in when u r not doing anything intensive, doesnt it just seem counterproductive to leave it off?

PS do u plan on OCing the Q9450?

From what I understand disabling speedstep and C1E stop the CPU from "throttling."

And yes I have overclocked my Q9450, look at my cpuZ in my picture.

sorry, the pic wouldnt load the first time :(

what exactly would throttling do to the CPU?

PS your VID is fine, maybe a little low. Mine by default is 1.28V and im only at 3.08Ghz, maybe you want to test your rig for stability with orthos or OCC to be on hte safe side..

I don't exactly know what throttling does, someone here told me to disable C1E and speedstep because it caused throttling. And as for my stability, it is fine with that low Vcore I have ran prime 95 for 5 hours and nothing happened, it is a 45nm so it doesn't require alot of voltage.

fair enough. my mobo automatically set the default voltage at 1.28, so im assuming that until i reach at least 3.6Ghz with this CPU i wont need to overvolt the CPU...now to get my mobo to co-operate with the overclocking...

Well he's probably not going to occur with that 790i Ultra Board, those things can go 500+ from what Nosboost said and as Nosboost is the PC Hardware Gigolo, I can trust him :)

I went through three 790i boards (two eVGA and one Striker) with two Q9450s and one QX9770 in the last week. Consequently, I am not impressed by their performance and the relative difficulty in keeping overclock stability.

I should've been more specific, I meant 475 fsb wall for the cpu. The amount of money he spent on that board, it better hit well beyond 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom