Is my Q6600 simply bad? (quick reply needed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well according to the vid, I got 1.65 on core temp

and

1.136 on cpu z (but it moves alot, it goes up to 1.3)

I got the new 9700 zalman fan, but I still think am going to get the cpu exchange once it comes in.

Anyone know which way the fan should face? down (toward gpu) or up (towards the top of the case.)

I am getting a bit lower temps, but I am sure its becasue I did not applied thermal coumpound. Why? cause I will be getting the exchange and dint want the get the cpu dirty.)

Used prime95, and the highest it get its 75 on #1 core cpu
And 69-67 on CPU overall I guess...

Is this good or bad?

Note: this temps are with no thermal paste. Cause I will exchange this one for a new one.
I really fear there is something with this chip, cause it was open box. And today, I noticed that frys exchange group, don't even examine the product that is going to be exchanged, they just put a freaking orange sticker that gives you epilepsy, and then re-sell it, saying that they inspected it, and that it was working. -.-

Prob, would not go buy at frys again unless there is another q6600 for 179.99 :D

ok dude.. you need to slow down, and figure out what you're doing first off.. its a B3 stepping, which is you're first clue to return it. Secondly, if the VID is 1.65.. then thats rediculous and is wrong. and if its not, thats your second clue to return it. and thirdly, why would you apply a hsf without thermal paste.........

ok dude.. you need to slow down, and figure out what you're doing first off.. its a B3 stepping, which is you're first clue to return it. Secondly, if the VID is 1.65.. then thats rediculous and is wrong. and if its not, thats your second clue to return it. and thirdly, why would you apply a hsf without thermal paste.........

1. no its g0 (but i will still return in, I see how they do open boxes.)

2. well i guess its wrong.(good I will return it anyways. :D +1)

3. yea its comes with the thermal compound, but dint want it to put it on since I was exchanging it.) :D

Show me a Screenshot of CPU-Z and CoreTemp..

(use the PrntScreen feature on ur keyboard to do a screenshot of your desktop)

Paste it into paint and save it as JPEG

I don't see what the big fuss is. Yes it's running hot because it's using the stock cooler.

Even the worst g0 steppings will do 3+ghz with basically no effort at all...heck...even the B3's could do that.

yeah, please take a ss of coretemp and of the cpu-z screen for us. and you can clean the thermal paste off... and if you overheat the chip by not using thermal paste (which is completely possible) then you'll have a tough time convincing them to let you return it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom