my processor turns half of itself off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

impguardman

Solid State Member
Hi, I have a HP Compaq Presario computer.

amd 64 3500+
1 gigi ram
asus amberine m mobo

It has this stupid thing where it turns half of my processor off. I can see this when I go into the system window from control panel. It runs at 990mhz idle and if I'm playing a game it shows the actual 2.2ghz. My question is does that mean it is duel core? I remember something about the processor where it turns half of itself off when its not using it. Is there a way I can get rid of that and does that mean it is duel core?

Go into your BIOS and see if there is an option called "Cool 'n Quiet." If it is enabled, disable it.

No it's not dual-core. "Cool & Quiet" downclocks the speed of the cpu when it's not needed and brings it back when it is. That's why it get's downclocked when it's idling and back to normal under load. So yea just go into the bios and turn Cool & Quiet off. There's really no point in doing that though, that feature is very benificial.

No it's not dual-core. "Cool & Quiet" downclocks the speed of the cpu when it's not needed and brings it back when it is. That's why it get's downclocked when it's idling and back to normal under load. So yea just go into the bios and turn Cool & Quiet off. There's really no point in doing that though, that feature is very benificial.

i thought i told you to stop reading my mind reggie? :p

i wouldn't disable it either, there is no point. that's my 2 cents any way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom