Edgar

In Runtime
My computer Set Up

AMD AthlonXP 1800+
1.49 GHz
768 MB of DDR 2100 Ram

Radeon 9000 Vid Card

55.8 GB Harddrive

Im soon getting anothe 80Gig Harddrive to have more room.

My question is the following what can I do to this set up to make it faster and better.

Secondly you should opt for a better graphics card, maybe a 9600pro, its one of the most stable cards ive ever seen and its cheap too!

Hmm to make this better you can increase the ram to a 1gb ram but dont bother to get a faster ram since the bus speed would follow the slowest, pc2100 in your case...

Usually the speed of the com really depends on the ram

I would get a new graphics card if I were you, either a 9800pro or 5900.
Then I would buy a new processor as cheerios pointed out.
You should get the fastest AMD with a 266MHz fsb I think thats 2400. Otherwise you'll have to buy new ram, which seems a shame as you have 768MB already.

But still frankly I dont see why you should need an upgrade, your computer specs in my viewpoint is fine, if you plan on upgrading, wait for another year or so when its more worth it.

But of coz Im not against it, thats if you have cash to burn

you could overclock the processor, or you could invest in a good video card. That's probably the best way to see a difference in performance.

What are you going to use the computer for?

lol. If you want, u can get the ATI 9600 XT. If you have enough money then get the 9800pro. But i mean yea u need a better processor. maybe atleast a 2600 or even a 2800?

I play alot of CS I actually been thinking about a new processer,and vid card.....
how much would a new good processer run for?
I want the Radeon 9800 Pro...

How do I overclock the processer I have now? And would that help any and will I see change in performance of my machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom