My overclocking experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
Alright so i upped my fsb up to 220 from 200, and my temps went up from 50c to about 70c. yikers. the multiplier is set at 11, so i have a 2.4 ghz processor now. my ram is supposed to be timed at 2.5-3-3-6, but is actually being retarded and is going at 3-3-3-8, and whenever i change it my pc doesnt work. im gettin agua cooling in 2 weeks yay so ill be able to oc more. my 3dmark05 score was 9820, so close to 10000!!!
Oh and can some1 please tell me how to lower my temps like somthing to do in the bios, and someone help me out with the memory divider,like what is it called and what to set it to?

Whoa!

You should go up very slowly, check temps, check stability, etc. Going from 200 - 220MHz on stock cooling isn't exactly recommended. Going from 200 - 220MHz on any cooling isn't really recommend though. You have to go slow, that's a fairly large increase in power.

You can't really do anything in the BIOS to change cooling, except maybe set the CPU fan RPM's to rise sooner. Get an aftermarket HSF if you want to overclock, and get DDR500 RAM if you can. If you can't, turn down your current ram to DDR333 speeds.

I'm currently at 212MHz FSB x10, my RAM is running at 177MHz, and all is well.

nope i got a golden orbule aftermarket cpu cooler, not sure if its doing better or worse than stock since i never put the stock one on

I think it's actually doing worse then stock cooling, because i never heard of AMD's stock cooling giving you 70ºC with only a 20mhz rise.

Did you increase the voltage any?

How much did you raise the vCORE by? The temp shouldnt jump that much from a small increase. :confused: Did you apply thermal paste when you installed your cooler? Even 50C for a non-oced cpu is quite high...

Your CPU temps shouldnt change with the raise of your DRAM Voltage...

I think it's actually doing worse then stock cooling, because i never heard of AMD's stock cooling giving you 70ºC with only a 20mhz rise.

It's actually a 220mhz increase :p

Oh yeah and just reseat your heatsink for safety purposes

Okay i reverted all back to non-oc settings and remounted my golden orb with some new as5, and now my temps(w/out ocing!!) are hovering around 75c. wwowowoowwowwoo i cant wait till watercooling. Should i have left my pc level on the ground so the fresh as5 doesnt drip for a while or just put the as5 on and use the pc standing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom