my oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

20mm

In Runtime
i got my p4 2.53 mhz cpu up to 2.85 on stock cooling and stock v core. it's stable and every thing. it was my first oc what do you guys think? i'm gonna get the thermaltake 112 tower and put two silent cats on it then see how far and can get it up.

i'll post all results and scores and that stuff later, i'm dling 3Dmark05, 3Dmark03, and aquamark, so when they finish i'll i'll test at every thing stock then test at 2.85.

Cool deal man. Keep going! :p

I believe it's pimprigs.com's motto that's "OC it up until it burns and fries...then buy another one and dont go quite so far" haha

my system specs by the way:

p4 2.53 northwood 533fsb
msi 845E max
x800xt agp at 4x(mobo doesn't go highter :()
2x256mb of pc 2700 (cheap stuff, i'm gettin better soon)
antec true blue 480
two non-stacked case fans and two stacked case fans

i think the max i can get it at is 2.9 at a vcore of 2.82. the temps were in the high 60's at full load, i'm gonna try and get her up to 3.0 but i don't know if temps will alow.

wow high 60's full load, honestly I wouldn't push it more if I were you. Definitely need some better cooling. I wouldn't even wanting it go that high.

i think the max i can get it at is 2.9 at a vcore of 2.82
You mean 1.82 vcore right?

oh yes...hehe i alawys, i mean always get my number mixed up, thanks for the correction.

Nubius said:
wow high 60's full load, honestly I wouldn't push it more if I were you. Definitely need some better cooling. I wouldn't even wanting it go that high.

You mean 1.82 vcore right?

If it's a prescott, that's OK

Remeber, Intels run hot and very close to their limits. Parents stock 3.0GHZ northwood runs at 57 load with stock heatsink and AS5. Limit is 66.

Yeah he says it's a northwood not prescott, but yeah in the previous generations it used to be opposite. AMD XP's ran hotter, and now with the K8's Intels are running hotter and AMD's are running cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom