my new zalman cpu and gpu HSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the VGA cooler there. It's really, really straightforward. I would assume that the CPU cooler is easy too.

Ryan

well i got it all installed temps went down quite a bit i can tell you more info when i run 3dmark06 and when i was taking my gpu stock sink off, it accidently broke the power cord to the board from the sink fan so my old HSF from the 7800gt is useless now lol unless i can find a fan to fit inside it and re run the power cord

oh yeah, the ram sinks are just held on by the thermal tape right? well they dont stick too good after i cleaned the ram sinks with alcohol and stuff, does heat make them stick better?

ok well i tryed to run pc mark 06 and it shuts down in the middle of the test but i dont think its overheating as my cpu temp doesnt go over 35 and my gpu temp doesnt go over 35 i have my outside cold air intake fixture on also. so heat i dont think is the problem, what else could it be? ive already ran 3dmark06 before and i tryed 3dmark05 just now too and it didnt work

i put it back to stock clock, on both right before i changed the HSF's to be on the safe side, and i tryed running 3dmark before i overclocked again but it just seems to shutdown during it. i was thinking it could be my psu since im drawing more power form my new cpu/gpu cooler.

Hehe. For a start, I got both the CNPS7700-Cu (LED FOR ME):D and I got the Vf700-cu. On a 3700+ and a X850XT. I like them cos they also cool around them (the vf700 cools the ram sinks on the under side). And on the subject of those ram sinks. You cleaned em with alcohol? Same! I cleaned em with Akasa TIM Clean (still cleaning stuff), and when I stuck the sinks on, I find they don't stick so good.
OOOOHHH I wonder why?! Maybe cos they're still a greasy layer of liquid on there. You had to dry it COMPLETELY. Can't stick to liquid I don't think somehow.
Get them dry, and the ram dry, and try again, they'll stick eventually I guess, but having them half on will be detrimental rather than beneficial to your cooling. Heat'll just stay under the foam stickys, won't transfer. Sort them or don't use em at all :p.
As for your prollems, get back to stock speeds and volts.
Two measly fans, however cool they are, aren't going to cause you power failures. I'm pressuming you got them plugged into your mobo, (as opposed to a fan controller). Those 3pin fan ports are there to be used, so it's not that.
As for 3dmark06, i've only just downloaded it, and haven't run it yet, but if hdr, AA, AF , whatever else they got going on there is anything to go by, it's going to max your system, i'd forget about that for the moment, just get it stable.
Could even be corrupt installs of 3dmark:dead:. If everything else is fine. Just give your pc a break for a few days, play games, surf, chat, download, well whatever it is you download:eek:, see if your pc's alright, and do things you do on your computer, if all seems stable, reinstall 3dmark and try again.
It should be ok, less you've fried something / broken something somewhere. *giggles*.
Be careful when you overclock, can't just jump straight in at the deep end :p.

Oh whats your complete system specs?
CPU?
GPU?
MOBO?
PSU<-----????
HDDs?
RAM?

ASPIRE X-Navigator and case psu.
EPoX EP-8NPA SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Sempron 64 2600+ 800MHz FSB Palermo Core @2.2ghz stable
PNY Geforce 7800GT
GeIL Value 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel @ 533
80gig WD 7200rpm
17'' SyncMaster 730b LCD monitor
logitech z 5500 speakers
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2

those are the componenets i have but dont worry about the overclocks theyre all stock again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom