my new pc =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksenate78

Baseband Member
Oh, I'm a new poster here, and I don't want to name the stats on this box, we'll just say it's an out of date Dell.

Reeaaaaaally out of date.

But this is what I'm getting:

Mobo - Gigabyte - 7N400L - nVIDIA nForce2 - Socket A ATX Motherboard with Audio, AGP 8X, USB 2.0 and 10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN Support

Proc. - AMD Athlon™ XP3000+ / 512KB Cache / 333MHz FSB / Socket A / Barton Core / Processor

Video Card - PNY Verto GeForce FX 5900se Video Card / 128MB / AGP 8X / TV Out & DVI

Sound Card - Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 OEM

Memory - Kingston Dual Channel 512MB PC2700 DDR 333MHz Memory (2 X 256MB)

Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB / 7200 / 8MB / ATA-100 EIDE Hard Drive

Case - Diablo ATX Mid-Tower Case with 450Watt Power Supply, Front Neon Lights, Front USB and Audio Ports

New Fan to replace aluminum fan in diablo case - Ultra All Copper up to XP 3200+ CPU Cooling Fan

DVD-ROM - Sony DRU530A DVD Burner / 8x4x12x DVD+RW / 4x2x12x DVD-RW / 40x24x40x CD-RW / Dual Format

I have talked with some friends and said that's a good bet for a pretty damn good system. What're your thoughts?

By the way, all of my parts can be found on tigerdirect.com

how much is all this? if under 1200 w/ monitor (or if ur not buying that) then thats good :D . not sure about the case :\

Yeah, all of it with my monitor is going to be 1139 :)

The case is good, I checked some friends' opinions who know what's up and all that.

My mobo, processor, RAM, video card and case shall arrive on monday.

I'm waiting after that for the credit card to get the rest =D

I am SO excited

And if that sounded gay, **** you 'cause i'm not :)

Might want to spend the extra 20 bucks or whatever it is and get the XP3200, it's a 400FSB, unless you can find the 3000 with 400FSB but i couldn't find those easily.. i'm blond or something, as for the ram, might want to check the prices on the HyperX kingston sticks, the timings are better and it might not be too much more =)

Well, it's all right, man, I have the cash enough for the RAM and 3000+ is all i need =D

but thanks for the suggestions, they are much appreciated

you'll kick your own ass once you realize the difference between 333fsb and 400.. but as long as your sure =)

whee!

can't wait until i have this bad boy up and running, it's gonna be so sweet =D.

and LAN parties will be fun again instead of waiting for Starcraft or Outcast games lol

Gawd, it's been so long since I've been up there

Oh yeah, I live in South Texas where it's real humid, you think as long as I ground myself by touching say the case I'll be all right? Or will one of those dorky anti-static electricity bands be needed?

Not bad, although an athlon 64 isn't too much more and its alot better. You will be kicking urself in the ass when you realize how much faster a 400Mhz is compaired to a 333Mhz. If you have to get a Gforce, get an ultra, ALOT better. Otherwise it looks like a very good system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom