my new pc???

Status
Not open for further replies.

guy101

Baseband Member
hey i just wated to ask you guys what you think of my new pc, its mainly 4 lower level gaming like starcraft ad older games like that ad i am also on a tight budget...

MoBo - Abit NF7 - $125
CPU - AMD Athlon XP 2500+ - $135
Ram - 256mb DDR Kingmax pc3200 - $85
HD - 80gb Hitachi Deskstar 7200 2mb cache - $99
Vid - Ge-Cube Radeon 9200 SE - $80
Case - Xsonic Xtreme Silver - $145

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i already have the MoBo and the case.

(the prices are in australian$$$, i will be getting all my parts from www.scorptec.com)

get a less expensive case and buy youself 512 megabytes of ram instead. and to me it seems like you could get a barton 2500 for a lot less than 135. try newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com

ive already got tha case an tha mobo,
im in australia so i cnt use newegg.com

do you think "256mb DDR RAM PC-3200 KINGSTON 400mhz CAS-3" would work on the motherboard? because im on quite a budget the corsair pc3200 256md is quite a bit more expensive 4 the same amount of ram

would "256mb DDR RAM PC-2700 CORSAIR XTREME MEMORY SPEED 333MHz CAS2" work with the Abit NF7 motherboard?

Both RAM moduals should work, make sure they are DIMM sticks, as that is what your motherboard supports.

The three most used RAM companies are:
Corsair
Kingston
Crucial-(Mainly because poeple mistake crucial for corsair.)

I would trust ram from either of those three compaines.

i still dont understand why ppl pay double for these big name brands. i use 512 PC3200 oem, the chips have VDATA on them so i guess thats the make. plus i got the one stick for 50 uk pounds. so i thinks thats about $75 the cas is set to 2.5 i think surely twice as much ram at the same speed is betta than any hardles noticable differences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom