my NEW fan cooling ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
ok, heres what im thinking now, at the front of my case im gonna put some nice powerful fan, like a car heater fan or something, all the air that that produces im going to feed through a funnel and alon a tube, direct to the cpu, of a which poiunt i will modify a heat sink and put the tube with all the air comming out of it, and have some more thin tubes comming off the main tube blowing all around the cpu, its hard to explane, but ya get my meaning, now i think that would produc some pretty awsome cooling.

my other thougt was to some huw utilize the parts of a fridge that keep them cool into my pc.

whad yall think of that?

well you would get a better and warrantied effect if you went with a nice water cooled system, using a frige coolant sys would be bigger than your case and give off the anoying humming sound that refrigerators tend to make. the fan idea is interesting HP has a BTX pc that uses a large 120mm fan that pulls air through a large baffles directly to the cpu. i think that it would be a hard job but it would have great results in the end, especially if you dont want to pay for a water system.

harry18 said:
ok, heres what im thinking now, at the front of my case im gonna put some nice powerful fan, like a car heater fan or something, all the air that that produces im going to feed through a funnel and alon a tube, direct to the cpu, of a which poiunt i will modify a heat sink and put the tube with all the air comming out of it, and have some more thin tubes comming off the main tube blowing all around the cpu, its hard to explane, but ya get my meaning, now i think that would produc some pretty awsome cooling.

Way too much work,Why go thru all that hassle when they sell stuff already like that for around $20.

product_image.jpg

A fridge sytem wont work.
It will burn out.
They are designed to cool objects down, it will then give itself less power so it just maintains a low temp.
If there is something producing heat sinsde, it will run on full 24/7, and burn itself out before the week finishes.

zmatt said:
the fan idea is interesting HP has a BTX pc that uses a large 120mm fan that pulls air through a large baffles directly to the cpu. i think that it would be a hard job but it would have great results in the end, especially if you dont want to pay for a water system.

thats what my dell has. if i set the fan on maximum speed in the dell 'test your system' thing you can boot to, it pulls a massive amount of air. i think if it wasnt dell i could oc it quite far on stock air cooling.

yea, ive designed my case that could house a car heater fan, that would do some pretty nice cooling

well there is some confusion about this, cos on another forum, a guy said that it hardly crates a feild, and it has no effect on the comp

btx is a cool idea but in those cases you cant use your good old ATX mobos and their arent that many BTX mobos on the market yet, ATX and BTX are the logical improvments on older case form factors known as AT and BT AT was most common in the origonal IBM pcs, and BT was a failed experiment used on the IBM PS/1 computers, i still have one and thoses cases are a pta to mess with. im not sure about car fans, as i am not an auto mechanic but somthing tells me that some fans are magnetic and some are not but im not sure. the fridge is a bad idea, the BTX spin off is too much work, like i said just buy a high end water cooling sys, it will save you time and a lot of headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom