my multiplier doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
At first, I was trying to figure out how fast my RAM would run, so I set the CPU multi down to 13.5 and tested the ram. The RAM ran at a maximum of 105mhz (it's really crappy... but I didn't think it was that crappy). So I'm like, "Okay, well if I cant get the RAM to run very fast, Ill just keep my FSB at 200 and raise my CPU's multiplier to 14.5 for 2900 GHz". But everytime I try to raise my multiplier the computer wont POST. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

because my ram can hardly run at 105mhz. i've got the ram divider cuttin it in half... its the most i can go.

is there something i have to change on the mobo to enable to change the CPU multiplier?

ur increasing the overclock on the cpu so i think its not getting enough voltage. up it slightly and see if that helps.

DFI boards don't like corsair valueselect last I checked, but either way if your RAM won't run more than 105MHz you've got some serious problems that you need to work out before you even consider overclocking

I think your primary issue is memory compatibility though

oh, well that clears up some of my problem. hopefully it is that my memory isn't compatible. for some odd reason, that makes me feel better... :\
anyway, theres still the multiplier issue... i should still be able to leave the ram alone and raise the CPU's speed right?

If you could please post a CPU-Z shot of your CPU and memory tabs and possibly also listing your Genie and DRAM BIOS settings that would help

I'm a tad confused as to how your RAM is running at 105MHz though, there is no such thing as a 105 divider as far as I am aware so I am thinking you have overclocking your HTT speeds in some form or another

i know one of these screenshots said 200mhz, but when i tested it i couldn't get it to pass memtest any higher than @ 210 fsb with the dram frequency set at 01/02 making it 105mhz. did i get my math messed up?? lol
right now, everything is normal. i havnt tried overclocking my cpu or anything, partly because i can change the multiplier on it. changing the mulitplier from 14 to 14.5 with an fsb of 200 should make the processor run at 1900, right? why doesn't it work?
my msn messanger screen name is laser.viking@gmail.com gaara.
heres the screenies:
bios1.jpg

bios2.jpg

memandcpu.png

Uhh ... what is so messed up about that? Everything seems to be running at the right speeds.

If you thought that the 200mhz displayed in CPU-Z was the effective speed, it's not, it's the speed at which the memory runs at (half as fast as the effective speed in DDR memory).

That memory is fine. If your wondering why you can't up the multiplier, then I'd try upping the voltage to maybe at least 1.425v.

If upping the voltage doesn't work, then the CPU just isn't able to be OC'd any further. Every CPU has it's limits.

We know the issue isn't memory related simply because your memory is running at the correct speeds and you haven't OC'd it at all ... so it must be the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom