my motheboard is blazing hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I have the ASUS P5N-D. I beleive the big HS would be the NB? Its at 1.5v, according to asus probe and everest im idling 44c. I do have the little fan that came with the mobo for the HS. If I touch it, it BURNS my finger, I mean burn. U can feel the heat coming off of it from like 1in away. Should I buy a NB HSF?

If it's that hot, you should either lower the voltage, get an aftermarket HSF, or reseat with aftermarket thermal paste.

if I lower the NB will I have to reduce the HT and SB also?
*EDIT* any recommendations for aftermarket coolers?

Not necessarily. Depends if lowering the NB, will jeopardize the stability of your overclock. But if it means decreasing the speed a little, so you can have comfortable temperatures, that's up to you.

I'd rather have better temperatures.

I would suggest Thermalright's HR-05 series, but make sure they're compatible with your chipset.

Wait, are you using the NB fan it came with? What size is it? Maybe you can just put a bigger fan on it.

And just wondering, what software are you using, to monitor the NB's temperature? ASUS Probe or something like that?

a nice fan over it could do the trick. I bought a zalman fan bracket that can house any size fan. I can put it over the gpu, nb, ram or add additional cooling to the cpu. It attaches to your pci slots on your case

hmm idk the exact size... its definately smaller than an 80mm. idk how I would fit even an 80mm on the HS. yea, i sue asus probe II and everest. even if i put my finger 1in from the HS, I can feel the blazing heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom