Is my mobo too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
My mobo is running like 35*C idle, while my CPU is running like 37*C idle. On a hot summer day, my CPU runs at about 45*C idle while my mobo runs at like 47*C idle. I am not worried about those CPU temps, but I have been told that my mobo is way too hot. I believe these are my northbridge temps. Are they really too hot?

Mine (exact same model as yours) is running at 34c right now.

To the answer to the question, I have no idea. However I am not worried at all about it.

are you sure thats the temperature of your mobo or just the Ambient air inside the case? Because generally say if you have a case with no fans, but one on the CPU, or just a really good fan and heatsink on the CPU and maybe a lot of drives and cards filling up your motherboard then it'd be easy for the CPU to become cooler than the ambient air simply because it has the better fan and heatsink on it.

yea i told him to read the bios readings.. i don't think he has yet, so let's wait and see, because the program he's using for temps could be off

I think under 40C is what you want. (for idle, at load probably under 48C) My CPU actually runs cooler than my motherboard alot of times lol...right now CPU = 35C and mobo = 36C. You have to take that temp with a grain of salt though...Unless you are using an actual temp probe BIOS/Windows temps can be ~10C off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom