My highest OC ever :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if water cooling will let me get farther, or if its gonna let me go a little farther later like it has been letting me lately.....

How far do you guys think it can go once i get water cooling and some better RAM?
well with better RAM you'll simply be able to have your RAM follow up the CPU and get overall better system performance since you'll have more memory bandwidth....of course this wouldn't effect your CPU at all....as for water cooling I honestly wouldn't expect any more raises in your CPU...it seems with the AMDs you need to be knocking off like 15C-25C before you actually see an OC that you otherwise couldn't get before...basically with the liquid you'll know for a fact you don't have to worry about it overheating, or heat being a problem in general, but I honestly wouldn't expect to get a higher overclock...that's how it was for my XP-M and even the AMD64s....so unless you're going from like 35C down to 5C then I don't believe you'd notice any gains...maybe another 50MHz or so, but then again that could simply be your CPU 'breaking in' if you will and it would have done that regardless of water

oh well..... Was thinking about getting a water cooling system and putting a radiator down inside my AC unit because the air down in it gets to 10F now....

charles_scott said:
That screenshot was taken with prime 95 running, thats why the temps are rather high, but idle temp is around 90-100 depending on the room temp.....
That makes more sense. I didn't see prime running in the screen shot :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom