my HD 3870 x2 wont fit, requires case modding this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
ok so i tried putting it in the first PCI-E 2.0 slot, but heatpipe is in the way.

IMG_0567.jpg

i had no choice but to break off 2 metal prongs to put it in the other darker blue slot. I couldnt put in the card because the prongs were in the way. Those metal pieces stay there if it dont break off the prongs things but i had no choice, n my mobo is screwed on in the right places too.

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

When i did this, i cut my 2 fingers, but im ok. Thing is, as soon as i put in the heavy card in place, these............ends hits the case in the back too soon!

IMG_0565-2.jpg

I cannot remove the back i dont think, even if i did, i wouldnt have the right tools to take it off, so im gonna have to take out everything this weekend.

this is the piece that came with my case n secures the parts so they dont move around, but i dont think i will be able to use it once i get my card secured on, so im gonna have to find small screws of some sort.

IMG_0593.jpg

the question is, how or what tools should i use to cut out a piece of my case? I want to cut here or in that area; not that big but small or slim enought to fit the card or other future cards in.

IMG_0597.jpg

i like this case, but this is the gayiest part i dont like about the case. Those black marks i marked for which holes i need to screw the mobo back in if i take it out or change mobos.

oh n the current graphics card is in sig. I already downloaded 8.1 Calayst thinking that the mobo didnt recoqnize the HD 3870 x2, but it wasnt in all the way n now my sound driver is messed up.

any help is much appreciated, i want this card in by this weekend!

EDIT:

i wont be able to respond until around 4pm tomorrow, got Basic Design class to attend to. Idk where to put this thread so bear with me, im ****ed that the HD 3870 x2 didnt fit, i had no idea...............dumb cool case lol.

if i understand this properly on the fourth picture down you say that piece of metal on the back of the card is hitting the side of the case? if so why not just cut that thing piece of metal off the card with like pliers?

Pretty sure the mobo tray is aluminum, and if the part of the card is hitting the case, you did something wrong. It looks like the plate is bent inward. Try straightening it out and it wont be hitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom