my friends "super" 9600xt....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay... i have a retarded friend that won't get it through his head.... he swears his 9600xt smokes my 7900gt... and not only that, that is clocked way higher than what i'm at (540/1600).... i find this to be almost impossible with a 9600xt..... and not only that, he said he's getting 125 fps AVERAGE on doom 3.... on 1280x1024... and that really angered me.. cuz he wouldnt support himself in anyway... no proof, no evidence, and when i told him to download aquamark (because its the smallest stress test) he made some excuse like.. oh its download slow.. blahblahblah..... and he keeps saying "oh my friend overclocked clocked it and made it really good" no matter how much you overclock that... it won't surpass pretty much anything new with its limited pipes, and crap clock speeds..... and shadermodel 2.0...... can someone please give me lots of factual evidence on WHY a 9600xt... will never beat a 7900gt....

oh, and i forgot to mention... he said a quadro mx4000 runs better than a 7900gtx and a x1900xt.... funny... those don't even use the geforce drivers to even play games with any acceptable framerates... ha, he just wouldnt stop making me angry yesterday

a 7900gt does this to a 9600xt

raggio0nw.gif

In other words 7900gt>9600xt by alot.

Ridlyn said:
a 7900gt does this to a 9600xt

raggio0nw.gif

In other words 7900gt>9600xt by alot.

whoa, thats pretty cool, but... i need some factual evidence, this goes a major douchebag and thinks his card is the best...

that just looks like warmachines hyper move.. only green..., im guessing thats what its from :mad: or even megamans hyper move.. either way... its from marvel vs. capcom

no....just no......im pretty sure you can give this guy some evidence of why the 7900gt is better......i mean come on, this is like comparing a ferrari with an acura rsx. just show him some gameplay with your 7900gt and then get him to show you some gameplay with his 9600xt. end of thread

hmammen said:
no....just no......im pretty sure you can give this guy some evidence of why the 7900gt is better......i mean come on, this is like comparing a ferrari with an acura rsx. just show him some gameplay with your 7900gt and then get him to show you some gameplay with his 9600xt. end of thread

okay, 1, i asked for factual evidence, i don't have time to go to his house and look at his games... and he always makes dumb excuses of why he cna't do certain things... like getting aquamark... its going slow, or... my hdd is full.... and i didnt ask for people to just tell me a 7900gt is better, i want EVIDENCE, on WHY its better, don't just simply tell me its better

Who cares. Let the baby have his bottle. I bet he knows your card is better, but he's playing with ya cause he's getting a rise outta you. He won't try to prove it cause he know it's a waste of his time and trying to prove him wrong is a waste of yours. You can try if you want, but he's still gonna have the last laugh cause you actually spent time proving him wrong while he was sitting on the couch.

filter996 said:
Who cares. Let the baby have his bottle. I bet he knows your card is better, but he's playing with ya cause he's getting a rise outta you. He won't try to prove it cause he know it's a waste of his time and trying to prove him wrong is a waste of yours. You can try if you want, but he's still gonna have the last laugh cause you actually spent time proving him wrong while he was sitting on the couch.

haha, i don't know about that one, he's sworn he had the best computer since last year... before i pretty much knew anything, he's the one who got me into computers, and now i lack his credibility in the field..

Yea, that kid has to be a completee moron. Seriously. Either he's being really sarcastic or he really dosen't know anything about video cards or computers.

Comparing those two cards is like comparing a 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T w/ a 440 against some little POS honda crx w/ a 120ci 4cyl.

7900GT-

Core Clock Speed 500MHz
Pixel Pipelines 24
Memory Clock Speed 1500MHz
Memory Bandwidth 48.0GB/sec

9600Xt-

Core Clock Speed 500MHZ
Pixel Pipelines 4
Memory Clock speed 600MHZ
Memory Bandwith 9.6 GB/sec

Their is absolutly no comparison. Look at tomshardware or some other sites benchmarks. They wont be compared side by side, but if you look they get compared in the same games.

This is such an absurd argument.

TheOtis said:
Yea, that kid has to be a completee moron. Seriously. Either he's being really sarcastic or he really dosen't know anything about video cards or computers.

Comparing those two cards is like comparing a 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T w/ a 440 against some little POS honda crx w/ a 120ci 4cyl.

7900GT-

Core Clock Speed 500MHz
Pixel Pipelines 24
Memory Clock Speed 1500MHz
Memory Bandwidth 48.0GB/sec

9600Xt-

Core Clock Speed 500MHZ
Pixel Pipelines 4
Memory Clock speed 600MHZ
Memory Bandwith 9.6 GB/sec

Their is absolutly no comparison. Look at tomshardware or some other sites benchmarks. They wont be compared side by side, but if you look they get compared in the same games.

This is such an absurd argument.

agreed... and thanks for some actual evidence.... he say its super overclocked though, and idols at 80 degrees... (dang liar) even overclocked 4 pipes.. and such low memory bandwith won't give any good performance...

I like how so many ppl compare computers to cars lol. Heres another one. His video card came out years ago yours came out a couple of days ago. Also, get some benchies and show him how far down on the todum poll his card is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom