My friends alien...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the monitor... At 1280*1024 (think thats right) my monitors refresh rate maxs at 60... 800x600 its like 180 or 200 i forget...

FPS is the driving force in games today... If your FPS is low, your going to get owned by those with higher FPS. In realtime online gameplay those that can feel more responsive gameplay, can react faster. Not only do FPS play a part in this but so does Latency. LAGGGGG....

im used to playing at 30fps lol>.< had a dell XPS p3 and i have gotten so used to it everything else seems soooo bloody fast... this semprons gonna be wooo:D

see, that's me too. I am playing Age of Empires III right now, and have everything maxed. I'm around 15-18fps, but it looks fine. Granted, it's a RTS game, so you don't have to move in your surroundings quite as fast. But anything over 30, and I feel spoiled.

Ryan

haha... i felt spoiled just using my friends alien... amazing... never played a game so smooth... although i couldnt tell the difference between 40 frames and 75 frames

are you sure he got in the 12000's..? I mean, most guys on here with 7800GT's get like 8 grand. And I don't think any kind of SLI would boost the score 50%. I'm just saying...

Ryan

Well, I was just thinkin, if you got a 7800GTX in an alien, you just spend a truckload of cash. I figured anyone who went to alien for a computer wouldn't know the difference between a gt and gtx, and the gt would look a lot more inviting. but, yes, I know that 7800gtx's are capable of scores like that.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom