My friends alien...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different people have different limits of how many fps they can tell the difference between. For me, its about 40 fps, and it was still about 40 fps when I had my CRT, which is why I dont find response time an issue with my LCD. However, there are those who can see past 200 fps like 003 (or 60fps) for that matter are going to be a lot more picky about their monitors and graphics cards. I was wondering why 003 was a CRT fanatic and his super-framerate sensitive eyes explains why. If you concentrate on seeing past 200fps, it also makes me wonder whether your playing the games or obsessively analyzing the graphics.

PoisonPorkchop said:
Sometimes I feel like thats where PC gaming is headed :confused:

Yes, that sure is where its headed. If it wasn't, you wouldn't see games like F.E.A.R., CoD 2, and UT2007 that are so graphically demanding they bring even the highest end machines to their knees. It used to be that if you bought the highest end card, it would last you for at least 2 years playing games on max and even high resolutions because it took a while for the games to catch up to the hardware. Now its the otherway around, and we have the hardware catching up to the games. Spend $400 on a graphics card today only to have to play on low resolutions and low settings within a year's time.

FYI your framerate is dependant on your refresh so all you dudes with LCDs are not going to see any difference once you get over 75FPS considering your screen it only refreshing 75 times a second...CRT would be limited 100FPS

So yeah, kids who claim they can detect a difference between 100FPS and 200FPS are talking smack

40 fps is most definatly playable!

me? i'm used to bottom settings, and 20-40ish fps mostly. fear and quake 4 I dropped right down to 800x600, disabled shadows etc to have a framerate above 40.

other games, like cod2 i can only manage about 20-30, 10 when l throw a smoke grenade, lol

the trouble is dell make it really hard to upgrade. im definatly building myself next time.

gaara said:
FYI your framerate is dependant on your refresh so all you dudes with LCDs are not going to see any difference once you get over 75FPS considering your screen it only refreshing 75 times a second...CRT would be limited 100FPS

So yeah, kids who claim they can detect a difference between 100FPS and 200FPS are talking smack
I play all my games at 1024x768 @ 120Hz. At 1280x1024, I can use 100Hz. With 800x600 and below, I can use 150Hz. I never said 200fps btw, I said I could detect a difference between 85fps and 120fps. Which, I can because my monitor allows me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom