My first Vmod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

psp_crazy1

Daemon Poster
hi... I have a x1600pro (sig...) and i found a tut to do a volt mod, if i do the simple pencil ( http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=7530 ) mod, how long do you think i have on this card, i had it since june, but it was used before that (im guessing its a year old now). I need to save up to get a 7900GS, but i have a x300SE to back this up. IF i do this mod, is there any chance to ruin my components (Ie, cpu, mobo, RAM). Becuase i have warranty under the RAM and Mobo, but not my cpu.

thanks

In most cases you won't fry the CPU if you fry the motherboard. I'm pretty sure the motherboard circuitry is made to protect the CPU in case it shorts out, but I'm sure it would depend on the board.

well sorry im sort of a newbie, and i got the 10K voltmod, i still ahve to do the 20. I just ran BF2 all maxed (sides the lighting, at medium) VD at 100%, 1024X768 4AA and it was like 60 FPS :) thanks for the help. I also have the clocks at 621/956 vpu/mem

and i also raised the pci-e voltage +.3 in bios, no worries, if this dies i have an extra x300se ill use till i get the 7900gs :)

It's a shame. I did the 10K+20K, with an extra +.2 in the BIOS, i cant even get to 1ghz on the memory, the vpu did okay at 630, but after that its artifacts... this card isnt a good oc'er

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom