My first overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom2playa

In Runtime
Hi this is the first time i've tried to do this, at the moment ive got my computer at 2.430MHz at 9x270
CPU 1.600V
DDR 2365V
NB 1.60V
HT 1.30V
DRAM Clock is sete to DDR333
LDT BUS is set at fsb x4
Mem timing is 2.5-3-3-6
under load my CPU temp is between 51C-59C
my system is being cooled by air at the moment, i was wondering if anyone knew how much further it would be safe to go, and what temperatures are safe to run at. thanks

I was going to install the aquarius II liquid cooling system how much of a difference would that make?

Socom2playa, very nice OC yo. Im sure you notice a pretty big increase. You have a 3000 running at 2.4ghz. Thats a huge increase. Since they normally run at 1.8ghz. Or maybe yours ran at 2.0ghz. Im not positive what they REALLY run at. Since i have read more then 1 time they run at 1.8ghz. I see 1.8ghz and 2.0ghz 3000 at newegg. So who knows.

Yeah really dont want to OC more without increasing your cooling system. If you got that Thermaltake Big Water 3, with a few 120mm fans. You would see a big drop in temps. I would try OC that baby to 2.6ghz stable. That would be some killer 3000 benchmarks.

yah the cpu stock was at 1.8GHz i have the aquarius II, im going to install it tomorrow hopefully it helps with the temps.
Codeine said:
Socom2playa, very nice OC yo. Im sure you notice a pretty big increase. You have a 3000 running at 2.4ghz. Thats a huge increase. Since they normally run at 1.8ghz. Or maybe yours ran at 2.0ghz. Im not positive what they REALLY run at. Since i have read more then 1 time they run at 1.8ghz. I see 1.8ghz and 2.0ghz 3000 at newegg. So who knows.

Yeah really dont want to OC more without increasing your cooling system. If you got that Thermaltake Big Water 3, with a few 120mm fans. You would see a big drop in temps. I would try OC that baby to 2.6ghz stable. That would be some killer 3000 benchmarks.

You won't be able to hit 2.6 GHz and be 3D stable with the AV8.

- The 3000+ Newcastle is clocked at 2.0 GHz

- The 3000+ Winchester is clocked at 1.8 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom