My first case mod in progress... woot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
ok. I'm friggin' excited, sorry if i'm boring some of you. But this is my first case mod and we started today... So far every thing looks incredible. I'll post pics when everything is complete. But here is what we've done do far. (Obviously these pics aren't our mod) Just bare with me.

Case: ThermalTake Shark Black
sideView.jpg

The first thing we did was ,"Primer the honeycombing that was black and painted it metallic silver, we also primered and painted the arched molding around the honeycomb in a metallic blue" Then we applied Glossy clear coat." So far it looks friggin awesome.

On the door, we've primered, painted in Metallic blue and clearcoated the top portion of the door and the portion below the LED light. Then we Primered, painted silver and clearcoated the portion inside the bottom that looks like scales.

Then we installed one of these
BilletgrillWb2.gif
in the top panel of the case.

Added a pair of these
Billethandlewb.jpg
to the top of the case.

Tomorrow we'll be ordering some wire sleeving for the front panel wires and some Cold Cathode lights and some LED fans.

I can't wait to post pics....

hmmm.. looks like it will turn out awesome. that case looks great even without a mod, so i wonder how it will look after a mod...

Oh yeah...

This case will be:

Opteron 150 (Certainly Overclocked - 2.8Ghz+)
Zalman 9500LED
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Corsair XMS 3500LL's (2gig Kit)
150G WD Raptor 10K rpm SATA
300G Seagate SATA
(2) Plextor PX-71AL/SW slot loading
X-fi Fatal!ty FPS
PCP&C turbo-cool 850w
-=I've got all of the above=-

I'm just waiting on the 7900GTX's. I'm either going to go with 1 GTX now, or possible (2) 7900GT's in SLI. It depends on the prices.

thats one **** of a nice computer and case you've got. (well, will have.)
i envy you.

no water cooling, i've have no experience with watercooling thus far. And do not want to experiement with over $4000 worth of computer parts.
EDIT: 2.4Ghz... not 3.4Ghz which I typed originally... oops.
I'm using air cooling. I'm only planning on overclocking may-be 400Mhz. From 2.4Ghz to about 2.8Ghz on air. IF I can get myOpty 150 up to 3.0Ghz i'll be extremely happy, but the stepping I have of the Opty 150 is known not to be the best, but we'll see.

Wow... that rig will kick a**! If I got my proccesor that high, I would be hella happy. Can't wait to see the pics -charlie

That looks like it's going to be pretty sweet havoc. Keep us updated. Where did you get those handles? Those are shiny, yet classy... :)

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom