my 6800gt overclock results

Status
Not open for further replies.
nforce3? is that the amd chipset thing? i think i have a i865g or something if that reply was directed to me xD

nforce3 is a amd chipset only, im guessing your symtoms are similar to what happened with nforce3 chipsets, possibly a bug.

Actualy your a victim of poor OC actauly. The only time i can think of that you would drop is if its unstable. Normaly w/ CPUs ppl would say up your voltage but you cant so the only thing i can say is drop that biotch down. Now my friend has a 6800GT (Leadtek w/ big HSF), a DFI board nF3 250gb, and a Athlon64 3000+. He had it OCed to 420/1200 and on FEAR medium settings it was giving artifacts and laggin some. I default clocked it and cranked the settings to max, 4xAA and 1024x768 res and it was fine, no artifacts and lagged minimal. I OCed to 400/1100 and it worked out fine.

i see, my card must be one of those bad o/c batches. i was wondering if say, i got a zalman fatality gpu fan for my 6800gt, if i could o/c to insane levels?, i guess my question here is, my eVGA 6800gt (bad o/c batch) vs a eVGA 6800gt (good o/c batch), if i changed the fans, would the bad 6800gt, o/c be somehow limited to the core itself, cause its bad?

Its not that its bad its just that each card is different and some can only go so far. To really only get your best results youd have to go good watercooling. Most eVGA cards that i know of can OC pretty well though. You just gotta cool your jets on the OC thing prolly cause your card just cant handle it or something else like the board or something. The card runs amazingly stock so you shouldnt be having any problems.

ah, i see, but would i get good o/c results if i get a new cooler? like the zalman fatality one? maybe get past ultra speeds? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom