my 6800gt overclock results

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast1917

Baseband Member
Hi, i have a p4 3.0ghz, 1gig of ram, and a 6800gt (agp8x)

I recently overclocked my 6800gt from 350/1000 to 400/1100, ultra speeds, temps are a bit higher, but is very stable, and does not crash or artifact. Thing is, games like dod source and stuff have lower fps counts especially HDR maps, going to as low as 30fps. The same settings in the video options were tried for the 350/1000 and 400/1100. help pls.

what kind of resolution are you playing at... my 6800 gs is overclocked fairly high (485/1150) and i havent noticed any sort of huge drop.. but then again, i don't think i've played any hdr maps in cs... i should give that a try sometime

um, 1024 x768, with settings with the recommened * next to it, and without o/c i get 50-100 with oc 30-70 or somewhat, im going on the basis of how many times i see the gameplay become choppy and the fps counter going red, but i was wondering if in any way possible, a stable overclock could reduce ur fps

well i had the same problem when i had it at 500/1.2 ... it was a pretty bad case... the fps would get so low... and after about 45 min of play, the artifacts would come... maybe you should just clock it down a lil bit, and what kind of temps are you getting?

oh, i see thank you. ill try mess around with the settings a bit. and my temps depend on the kind of day it is, right now its at 62-63 idle and goes up to 86-87 when i stress it out with atitool's scan for artifacts thing. are these temps high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom