My 3Dmark Score - Can I do anything to optimize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockeyman2

Baseband Member
3DMark Score: 4190
Date: 2006-4-21
CPU: AMD Opteron 165 Dual Core 1809 MHz
GPU: eVGA 7900 GT, N/A / N/A
Display Driver: 8.4.2.1
Driver Status: WHQL - FM Approved
Resolution: 1280x1024 32 bit
System Memory: 2032 MB
Video Memory: 256 MB

Is this a good score or is there anything I can do to improve my system performance. This is the first time I have ever used 3Dmark. I will soon be overclocking my system, but I wanted to check it before.

Thank you

-Nathan

yeh, 7900GT wouldnt score 4k in anything else.

i think it should be a tad nearer 5k though...

Yeah.... i believe you should have scored abit higher. You sure you have the correct drivers installed and everything? Do you have alot of extra processes running? Are you getting artifacts? What is your temp on your gpu during the test?

If all of those check out, im not sure what could be the problem. You could overclock everything alot more, you got an opteron, im assuming your going to overclock it quite far (if possible).

Its 3dmark06, its resolution is 1280x1024, 06's reso is stock 1280x1024 and i doubt he would have changed it in one of the previous' tests. I could be wrong, but i dont think so. :confused:

Your score should improve quite a bit if you get your opteron to 2.6 Ghz. Make sure you run the test right after restarting the computer.

I used 3Dmark06.

thebleakness said:
You sure you have the correct drivers installed and everything? Do you have alot of extra processes running? Are you getting artifacts? What is your temp on your gpu during the test?

As far as I know I have the correct drivers installed. I installed the Nvidia drivers for the 7900GT. What do you mean by artifacts? I didn't check the temperature. 30 processes running.

I will try running again right after I restart and with fewer processes.

I am planning to OC it alot. I just wanted to compare the before and after results.

-Nathan

not to be rude but it looks like another e-p3nis measuring competition. the only thing 3DMark results are good for are bragging rights. its in game performance that matters

edit: the fact that your system memory reports as 2032mb worries me though. 16mb missing almost sounds as if it were shared with onboard graphics. what motherboard are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom