muting the alarm that goes off on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear the stupidity of some of the members of this forum. Where have the old regulars gone to??

Anyways when it beeps touch the processors heatsink, don't push to hard but just touch it to see if that is truely the culprit, some people may be forgetting that the temp probes could be messed up, that or the BIOS isn't reading temps correctly and there being thrown off. Also moving the CPU fan wires to another header on the board will usualy cause the system to stay shut down, or constantly beep till you shut it down. But if you find the heatsink to be hot to the touch it would be time to invest in a better heatsink/fan combo with some Artic Silver 5 or that OCZ thermal paste. And who ever said to unplug fans and plug them back in, you shouldn't attempt that, there is allways a chance that you could damage the motherboard from cutting the flow of electricity and starting it back up with the system running. Sorry, after you take a few Cisco tests you kinda get picky about them things, and I am also sorry if I insulted any members that have been around for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom