Multipliers......

Status
Not open for further replies.
which is exactly the same as the program I attached in the thread I linked to him ;)

The one you linked is a little FANCIER looking I guess, but they both do the same thing.

EDIT: Scratch that, yours even does the HTT, OOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! FANCY SCHMANCY!! :p

Ok, I downloaded the app you linked, Nubius. I couldnt get the other one to work. Anyway, so how do I use this program?

I assume for the reference clock I put my clock speed?
Multiplier of 13
Memory divider.......where do I find that?

Reference clock is your HTT....so naturally by default it's 200.

Memory divider....it's whatever you set it dude lol. If you've left it stock then it'll be at 200 also. This is what you'd have it set in the BIOS. Basically this is allowing you to figure out the best combination of HTT, memory divider, and multiplier and whatnot.

So in my case I wanted to try to get my RAM around 233MHz, I kept playing around with it, until I found out that setting my HTT to 285, memory divider to 166 would give me 233MHz for my RAM to run at (DDR466) and my CPU at 2.565GHz which is basically where it caps out.

My main point was to show you how your memory is effected when using a half multi like 13.5

So for you, if you left your HTT at 200, and changed the multi to 13.5 for 2.7GHz, your memory would be running at 192MHz even though the memory divider is still at 200.....that's the effect of the half multi.

Nubius said:
Reference clock is your HTT....so naturally by default it's 200.

Memory divider....it's whatever you set it dude lol. If you've left it stock then it'll be at 200 also. This is what you'd have it set in the BIOS. Basically this is allowing you to figure out the best combination of HTT, memory divider, and multiplier and whatnot.

So in my case I wanted to try to get my RAM around 233MHz, I kept playing around with it, until I found out that setting my HTT to 285, memory divider to 166 would give me 233MHz for my RAM to run at (DDR466) and my CPU at 2.565GHz which is basically where it caps out.

My main point was to show you how your memory is effected when using a half multi like 13.5

So for you, if you left your HTT at 200, and changed the multi to 13.5 for 2.7GHz, your memory would be running at 192MHz even though the memory divider is still at 200.....that's the effect of the half multi.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

So, at what speed do you think my ram should be to achieve 2.7ghz+?

I don't know, it's your RAM :p

Depends on whether or not you want to overclock it or not.

250HTT x 11multi = 2.75GHz and using a 166 memory divider your RAM would run at 196MHz sooooo that's using the basis that you want to stay as close as 200MHz as possible, but like I said that's entirely up to you if you want to keep it to 200 or try overclocking it yourself.

If your ASUS there has a lot of memory dividers, then be sure to click the DFI checkbox, all that does is enable the memory dividers that you'd normally see in a DFI bios. A lot of non OC'ing boards though, will only have the options you see in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom