Multiplier Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadweight

In Runtime
my rigs specs are in the signature. ive got it oc'ed to about 2.5. any higher and it gets unstable but it idles at 32 C and the highest ive seen it is at 60. the problem i have is when i try to OC in the BIOS (v 10009.007, newest as of 5 wks ago) i can play with the system bus/mhz but the multiplier is locked at 11. do i need to play with this? How do I unlock it? have i hit my OC wall?

Xteam is correct, they cannot be moved up, only down. The FX series can go up or down however I believe.

well, do i want to change it? is that whats causing system instability? i know it can take more heat can i change it?

The only thing that's causing instabilities is you overclocking it without fully understanding what it takes to keep the system stable. The multiplier only effects your clock speed, the Vcore is what effects stability and is also what causes more heat in addition to the extra clock speeds.. If you want to lower your multi to raise your FSB then you can do that, but if you keep the CPU and RAM at a 1:1 ratio then you're overclocking the RAM and your CPU will be underclocked until you get the HTT and the multiplier to equal more than the stock speed.

If it's 200x10 = 2GHz on stock and you lower your multi to 9, then you'd have to go all the way to 222x9 = 2GHz, so that's only effecting your memory.

Have you made sure to read the basics of overclocking at the top of the thread? You should really familiarize yourself with the basics before you start to jump into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom