multimeter and psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah well measuring a PSU is quite a bit different from a voltage mod and trying to read a tiny leg of a mosfet shumway.

Red lead goes into the red or yellow wire and black lead goes to the ground, that's pretty much all there is to it.......doesn't measure usage per se, but you'll get a much more accurate reading of the +12v and +5v rail and when the computer is at full load you'd see it drop

Yeah well measuring a PSU is quite a bit different from a voltage mod and trying to read a tiny leg of a mosfet shumway.

I know that but i just like bugging people ;) Plus you have experience with it so that's why i said ask you,Cuase it would be a pain not knowing what your doing and fry your stuff when you don't have to.

No you need a seperate device, I have one, it however only measures AC useage and not DC voltage, so you need to equate your PSU's power efficency rating into the factor to see how much your PC is using

Name should be clamp meter

*And btw, im sorry if this is a "useless" post*

AMPS is ALOT harder to measure, their maybee some things that can measure the amperage off a 12volt rail (5 volt ect) but I am not sure where they exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom