MSI K8 Neo-F

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
Is this Mobo any good for overclocking? Thinking of getting that, with a X2 3800+, and overclocking the **** out of it! I'm on a very tight budget, and the 3800+ is the cheapest dual-core CPU I can get. Any help or info would be great! :D

Isn't the Opty 165 cheaper and a better oc'er or am I wrong?

Anyway, I use that mobo, its a great overclocker. You can use the built in dynamic overclocking which is great for newbies, or go all out and change all the voltages and FSB and stuff, I'm sure you know.

Anyway, yes, its a great mobo.

Charlie -

Sorry I was obviously mistaken, for some reason I thought it was cheaper! Never mind!

If your budget allows get the platnium because it has a few extra things such as firewire and I think more SATA ports.

I have the K8 Neo4-F, and it is a fairly nice motherboard. I like it, and it has some nice overclocking utilities and functions. It is definately one of the nicer boards Ive used. I highly reccomend it.

Obviously having extras is nice, but I think I'll stick with the normal Neo4-F, since I'm not planning on using firewire, and can't see myself using all 4 SATA ports as is. So its basically the same motherboard, with the same overclocking capabilities, without all the bells and whistles? Thanks for everyones replies so far, greatly appreciated! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom