MSI / AMD64 3000+ Overclocking Issue/Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nechen

Baseband Member
I have a MSI K8N Neo-2 Platinum motherboard and an AMD64 3000+ processor with a Zalman cooler on, very efficient. I'm relatively new to overclocking and have tried a myriad of things that dont really seem to work.

I've tried Core Center, thats fine until my entire computer locks up past the 223 internal mark. Since I was met with frustration after frustration overclocking past 223 I read something about increasing the voltage to 1.65 and I did. Still nothing...

I've gone into BIOS to manually set the internal speed and voltage. Now when I take the internal past 202 and restart I'll just get a message saying "System now in SAFE MODE, please reset in Setup..." And of course I'm back down to 201 internal.

My two questions are these:

- Can I disable this "Safe Mode" or is there an alternative to do so?
- Is there any physical way to get my 3000+ past 2000 MhZ?

read the stickies until you mumble their contents in your sleep....theres nothing that I'd tell you that's not in this stickies...

for future reference though NEVER use any program like 'core center'...always memorize your BIOS layout and work from there....and considering you're using a Neo-2 board that means you are using an AGP card so you need to make sure (although I'm pretty sure it is) that your AGP Frequency is locked at 66MHz.

if your 3000+ is a venice or winchester it should easily go past 2000Mhz

Also remember your RAM follows your HTT, so if you have crap RAM you need to make sure it's not trying to run at 223MHz

Voltage increments are not an exact science so 1.65v may apply to someone else, but not necessarily you

you may want to change the ram from the 200mhz to 166mhz under the DDRam configuaration

^ do that. It will help to tell you where your bottleneck is. If you can OC it further with the ram in that mode you know that your ram is the issue. Try bumping up the ram voltage a tad. If that won't let you oc further, look into better/faster ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom