Moving Parts From One Case to another... Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostThoughts588

Beta member
Hello all, I am going to be moving my parts from my Dell 4600, into a new case probably this one,
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-133-138&DEPA=1

I found out that Dell fixes their parts so you cant really upgrade unless you but a new power supply and motherboard. I currently have a Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHZ, DDR Ram, ATI Radeon 9600 SE Video card, and a SOund Blaster Live sound card installed in my pc along with some other expansions. The mobo im going to get is this one

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-449&depa=0

This a good choice? Also, will all my parts be compatible? The Case also comes with a 400 Watt Power Supply.

yes the mobo u have picked is an excellent choice :).. i dunno tho ive never heard of having to replace the mobo n psu if u change cases.. but ive never bought a dell :confused: lol.. newayz yes those are good choices and an excellent motherboard :).. perhaps if u want to upgrade again in the near future you could get a higher end motherboard such as a dfi lanparty or something.. but those will cost u tons more :) lol

i took a everything from a mini Sony VAIO PCV RZ34G and modded it into an Aspire Midtower aluminum case. All i changed was the sony 300 watt PS to Antec 400 watt PS.I made 1 removable front bay to house the S-video/Memory Card/USB /Sound jacks/I-link s400 ports.I also used the rear IO cover trimed it up to fit the Aspire case its pretty stout compared to the flimsy crap these mobo makers put out. works great :)

Sweet @$$ looking case. my first reaction was that it was pricey, but w/a 400w PSU, that's not too bad. you may want to look at xoxide.com but most of their cases are sold PSU-less, but of course they sell those separately. Their prices are on the low end in comparison to some other online places. May also want to chec out frozencpu.com, but i haven't been there in a while so i'm not sure if their prices are still a good deal.
good choice on both mobo and case/psu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom