Moving internals from case to case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Hi, about a week from now, I'm going to be moving my internals from my NZXT Apollo to my new CM Stacker 830 SE, which I can't wait to see some temp drops. The reason why I haven't done it yet is because I'm awaiting my 7 120mm fans and my new CPU HS which I've just ordered today. But I need a few pointers on the best methods of approaching this.

I already know how I'm going to start this. First, before I start unplugging wires and removing parts, I'm going to be sure that I have a pair of socks on, and rub them really fast on my carpet. Then I'll use a big fat magnet to pick up any dropped screws. /sarcasm

Ok here's my question. Right now, I've got my cpu running at 3.0ghz on a rather high 1.375 voltage. This is a fair bit higher than on stock settings. My concern is that when I seat my new Enzotech HSF with new as5 on my e6600, the cpu may have big heating issues because the as5 won't be completely settled. Is this something to worry about? Should I just go ahead and revert back to my default BIOS settings just to rule out the possible heat issues from having higher-than-normal voltages? Thank you.

1.375 aint shiznat :p

So no, you don't have to worry...besides, AS5 "settling" only makes 2-4c difference at best.

Also, the bios may reset on its own since the power is cut completely.

Ok sweet lol. I just mean that 1.375 is rather high for 3.0ghz. If I stress tested alot, I could probably take the voltage down quite a bit and still maintain that clock. I was just looking for a way to get 3.0ghz the quick way heh. But that's good that I don't need to mess with BIOS. My mobo does have a CMOS battery, so I guess it can hold the settings for a while, which it has before :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom