mouse noise - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 01:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Smokin-A.I. Send a message via AIM to Smokin-A.I. Send a message via Yahoo to Smokin-A.I.
Question mouse noise

ok here is something that has just cropped up in my system and is very annoying to say the least..
i have an optical mouse and a sound blaster live dr. for sound and here is the problem ..every time i move my mouse i get this awfull noise in my sound system..it sounds like this buzz buzz etc.with crackling in the background..also when i roll the wheel it squeeks got any ideas? mouse is ligitech--usb 2.0

Old 12-06-2004, 01:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

My friend come to me with a problem like that too and for the life of me i couldn't figure it out,for a last resort i redone all his driver's and it got rid of it so maybe it might work for you too

Old 12-06-2004, 07:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

it has to do with the sheilding of whe usb port where its mounted i the case. the usb where the mouse is hooked is probably either in front of the case or a usb hub, right? if you are, try using the usb integrated into the mobo, which may be better sheilded
Old 12-06-2004, 07:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to VICone Send a message via Yahoo to VICone

good reply jaksback i have the same problem on my familys computer
<a href=\"http://profiles.myspace.com/users/17229411\" target=\"_blank\">MySpace</a> | <a href=\"http://mcmcse.com\" target=\"_blank\">MCMCSE</a> | <a href=\"http://brainbench.com\" target=\"_blank\">Brainbench : Free Certifications</a>
Old 12-06-2004, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie

Why would you act like its a life and death situation. Just replace the damn thing......
Old 12-06-2004, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Why would you act like its a life and death situation. Just replace the damn thing......
Stop posting these nonhelpful borderline insulting posts. Go do something else if you can't answer his question properly.

I can hear my mouse through my headphones whenever I scroll with the wheel, but it's very minimal and usually when I have my headphones on I'm playing a game or listening to music so I can't hear it anyway. It seems to be a fairly common problem with probably a multitude of solutions but jaks answer sounds about to the closest good answer you'll get.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Techie

Take it easy Nubius.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to lazerman Send a message via Yahoo to lazerman

Does it sound like little scraping noises from inside the wall? Does it smell like cheese? Well I believe you should set a mouse trap- http://store.doyourownpestcontrol.co...View/KT185&2D3

You can get the lower end ones like the ones on the left, or you can up-the-anti and go for the jumbo sized ones for your near rat size mice.

Both of these will work well under the circumstances.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Monster Techie

no problems with my basic ball ps2 mouse...lol

Old 12-06-2004, 11:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Smokin-A.I. Send a message via AIM to Smokin-A.I. Send a message via Yahoo to Smokin-A.I.

ok you guys crack me up ...
thanks nubius ...
ok here is what i have done so far , uninstalled drivers and installed the latest ones i could get...sorry no help there
the mouse is plugged into the mobo direct. even moving it to another place..no tpluged in to a hub..no help
if it wasnt such a pain with the balls i would go back to it , i did plug my old one in and ..yup you got it " NO NOISE "...
sooo looks like "CODEINE" you may have something there it just may be the floppigitcrap is giving up the ship..gonna get a new one and ill let everyone know , hey thanks
obtw..if you ever took an old marshall amp and turned it up to 10 on the gain and 10 on the master with nothing plugged in , then you will know the noise i have got in this bucket of rusting bolts!
lazerman your a hoot !!!