Mouse Modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake-Eyes

Daemon Poster
has any one tried this? doesn't seem to be too popular but i was thinking of trying it. My main questions are, would it be safe to put 4 LEDs in my mouse? Do i need to do any thing special to get all 4 LEDs to work?

my mouse is shown here: http://www.geizkragen.de/img/150/16006.jpg

it's a backup mouse so i don't mind if i screw it up. It's already got an LED in it so having 5 LEDs in one mouse, would it get hot?

I don't know if it would supply enough power for 4 leds. Why would you want it that bright anyway? And no, it would not get hold -leds dont get hot.

my idea is, not to get really bright, just have different "pictures" if you will with different colors

yeah you can do just about anything as long as you have a decent knowledge in electrical currents mainly when dealing with things like LED's. The mouse is run off the +5v rail and so there IS enough power in the mouse to power LED's, possibly not those SUPER BRIGHTS! or something along those lines, but it should be able to light up 4 as long as you make the circuit correctly.

www.casemodgod.com has a lot of useful information for modding just about everything in your computer.

Creating different pictures with colors? I don't know exactly what you mean there, but if you wanted LED's to be timed differently well that requires a lot more than just giving juice to them. You'd have to actually get a little micro chip from radio shak that alters the timings of those things.

i mean having two different pictures cut out of the back of the mouse and each one having a color.

an example here: http://metku.net/cryo/

that one is the basic idea, cut out the palm part of the mouse, put some clear acrylic or something there, put an LED under it and light it up!

also they show a LEGO figure getting frozen inside a mouse! =P

That sounds a bit silly. Modding a mouse? Anyways, I been to a store once and the mouse was painted into a fish or something :)

it is a funny idea, but it's Michigan, it's winter, i'm bored, and i have a LOT of free time right now.

i drilled holes and painted my old trackball mouse...bored.

i wouldn't mod my optical mouse. I painted it black to match my case. but forgot to put a top layer on enamel or w/e so the paint is slowly fading. i'll do it agin soon...but no REAL modding. i dont much appreciate mouse mods unless it like blinks or fly's or something ridiculous lol.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
what type of paint do you use to paint your mouse? where would i find some?

Hobby Shop plastic spray paint. I bought it at games workshop in the mall b4 spraypaint was illegal to under 18yr. olders lol.

Just any generic plastic spray paint should do. but don't forget some kind of sealant/enamel to cover it with. the moisture from my palm eventually faded the paint away and on my buttons it's turned back to white lol. gotta redo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom