Mouse mod?? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 05:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Build Guru

They both dont work. As ive stated before though, i already have one of those and MEH is all i can say. Its ok but i want something different.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Wow just a second ago the second one worked now neither work, You have a mouse with a fan in it already?

Old 04-27-2006, 05:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Build Guru

Yea, it has a fan a 3 way switch and 2 blue LEDs.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Wow that sounds cool.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jby
Junior Techie

What sort of fan did you put it in? And can you post a link to the manufacturer.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to 2fast4u

dont know if this is his but here is a cool one http://www.hardwaremods.com/reviews/...se-review.html
Old 04-27-2006, 07:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by P.P. Mguire
Cant see it, please repost links.
wtf, they were working last night. =/

I can't find them anymore.....sorry.

You probably wouldn't have wanted to do it because as you said you've already done a mod where you put a LED in a mouse. The paintjob on the mouse was red and they made it look real worn like a burnt dented up peice of metal. It looked kind of cool.

I saw anothe mouse somewhere with an Unreal theme paintjob. That one was alright too, but you'd have to have some real skills to paint something like that.

What would be reall cool is if you could somehow mod a mouse to have a rumble pack in it. Like take the rumble pack out of a PS2 and put it in your mouse and some how make it so that the "vibration" is activated by sound waves from your sub. You could maybe use something like THIS to activate the vibration. So when an explosion goes off in a game the sound will activate it and you will feel the explostion in your mouse just like with a PS2 controller. I have no idea how you'd do this mod exactly but I bet it could be done somehow, so long as you have enough room inside your mouse for the rumble pack. You could have the sound activation thing outside of the mouse and wired to the rumble pack.

Well that's my idea.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
!!GAMER!!

a regular mouse is good enough I mean your hand is on it the whole time and you wont see any mods but whatever.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

ok Mr.P.P. if you dont have a cat then try this project. its called mousebot. from "MAKE" magazine. u can really turn ur mouse to ...ya, mouse.
http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/94...6001143E7E506/
Crucial M4 SSD 128GB - OCZ 700W PSU (4x18A) - Noctua NH-D14 (BM120mm x Noctua140mm)
Corsair 600T SE White - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1 - Mitsubishi DiamondPro2070sb (CRT!)

3DMark11 P7089 | 3DMark Vantage P26383
Old 04-28-2006, 01:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
What sort of fan did you put it in? And can you post a link to the manufacturer.
It just had a regular fan. www.frozencpu.com
Quote:
dont know if this is his but here is a cool one http://www.hardwaremods.com/reviews...use-review.html
Nope thats not it but that one looks cooler.
Quote:
You probably wouldn't have wanted to do it because as you said you've already done a mod where you put a LED in a mouse. The paintjob on the mouse was red and they made it look real worn like a burnt dented up peice of metal. It looked kind of cool.
That actualy sounds cool though, can you find the link again so i can see?
Quote:
What would be reall cool is if you could somehow mod a mouse to have a rumble pack in it. Like take the rumble pack out of a PS2 and put it in your mouse and some how make it so that the "vibration" is activated by sound waves from your sub. You could maybe use something like THIS to activate the vibration. So when an explosion goes off in a game the sound will activate it and you will feel the explostion in your mouse just like with a PS2 controller. I have no idea how you'd do this mod exactly but I bet it could be done somehow, so long as you have enough room inside your mouse for the rumble pack. You could have the sound activation thing outside of the mouse and wired to the rumble pack.
Hmm it seems that that might not work. Because i think the rumble would screw w/ the laser.
Quote:
a regular mouse is good enough I mean your hand is on it the whole time and you wont see any mods but whatever.
Not really. I go to lots of LAN parties and alot of the time when im not gaming im up and about and ppl can see my mouse then. Not to mention it will work good w/ my keyboard cause it has LEDs in it too.
Quote:
ok Mr.P.P. if you dont have a cat then try this project. its called mousebot. from "MAKE" magazine. u can really turn ur mouse to ...ya, mouse.
http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/9...96001143E7E506/

Access to my Plex PM me.
Closed Thread