Mouse mod?? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-27-2006, 05:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,313
Default

They both dont work. As ive stated before though, i already have one of those and MEH is all i can say. Its ok but i want something different.
__________________

__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline  
Old 04-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Sexyville
Posts: 294
Default

Wow just a second ago the second one worked now neither work, You have a mouse with a fan in it already?
__________________

Metal Chaos is offline  
Old 04-27-2006, 05:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,313
Default

Yea, it has a fan a 3 way switch and 2 blue LEDs.
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline  
Old 04-27-2006, 05:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Sexyville
Posts: 294
Default

Wow that sounds cool.
Metal Chaos is offline  
Old 04-27-2006, 06:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jby
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 54
Default

What sort of fan did you put it in? And can you post a link to the manufacturer.

Thanks.
Jby is offline  
Old 04-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 837
Send a message via AIM to 2fast4u
Default

dont know if this is his but here is a cool one http://www.hardwaremods.com/reviews/...se-review.html
__________________
2fast4u is offline  
Old 04-27-2006, 07:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by P.P. Mguire
Cant see it, please repost links.
wtf, they were working last night. =/

I can't find them anymore.....sorry.

You probably wouldn't have wanted to do it because as you said you've already done a mod where you put a LED in a mouse. The paintjob on the mouse was red and they made it look real worn like a burnt dented up peice of metal. It looked kind of cool.

I saw anothe mouse somewhere with an Unreal theme paintjob. That one was alright too, but you'd have to have some real skills to paint something like that.

What would be reall cool is if you could somehow mod a mouse to have a rumble pack in it. Like take the rumble pack out of a PS2 and put it in your mouse and some how make it so that the "vibration" is activated by sound waves from your sub. You could maybe use something like THIS to activate the vibration. So when an explosion goes off in a game the sound will activate it and you will feel the explostion in your mouse just like with a PS2 controller. I have no idea how you'd do this mod exactly but I bet it could be done somehow, so long as you have enough room inside your mouse for the rumble pack. You could have the sound activation thing outside of the mouse and wired to the rumble pack.

Well that's my idea.
Frank Jaeger is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 12:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
!!GAMER!!
 
fr34ky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southeast,AZ
Posts: 509
Default

a regular mouse is good enough I mean your hand is on it the whole time and you wont see any mods but whatever.
__________________
fr34ky is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 12:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
boomstick666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 743
Default

ok Mr.P.P. if you dont have a cat then try this project. its called mousebot. from "MAKE" magazine. u can really turn ur mouse to ...ya, mouse.
http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/94...6001143E7E506/
__________________
i5 2500K @ 4.8GHz 1.384v - AsRock P67 Extreme4 B3 BIOS 1.90
G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 PC12800 2x4GB @ 1866 9-10-9-28 1T 1.590v
EVGA GTX 570HD SC 930/1950 1.100v
Crucial M4 SSD 128GB - OCZ 700W PSU (4x18A) - Noctua NH-D14 (BM120mm x Noctua140mm)
Corsair 600T SE White - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit SP1 - Mitsubishi DiamondPro2070sb (CRT!)

3DMark11 P7089 | 3DMark Vantage P26383
boomstick666 is offline  
Old 04-28-2006, 01:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,313
Default

Quote:
What sort of fan did you put it in? And can you post a link to the manufacturer.
It just had a regular fan. www.frozencpu.com
Quote:
dont know if this is his but here is a cool one http://www.hardwaremods.com/reviews...use-review.html
Nope thats not it but that one looks cooler.
Quote:
You probably wouldn't have wanted to do it because as you said you've already done a mod where you put a LED in a mouse. The paintjob on the mouse was red and they made it look real worn like a burnt dented up peice of metal. It looked kind of cool.
That actualy sounds cool though, can you find the link again so i can see?
Quote:
What would be reall cool is if you could somehow mod a mouse to have a rumble pack in it. Like take the rumble pack out of a PS2 and put it in your mouse and some how make it so that the "vibration" is activated by sound waves from your sub. You could maybe use something like THIS to activate the vibration. So when an explosion goes off in a game the sound will activate it and you will feel the explostion in your mouse just like with a PS2 controller. I have no idea how you'd do this mod exactly but I bet it could be done somehow, so long as you have enough room inside your mouse for the rumble pack. You could have the sound activation thing outside of the mouse and wired to the rumble pack.
Hmm it seems that that might not work. Because i think the rumble would screw w/ the laser.
Quote:
a regular mouse is good enough I mean your hand is on it the whole time and you wont see any mods but whatever.
Not really. I go to lots of LAN parties and alot of the time when im not gaming im up and about and ppl can see my mouse then. Not to mention it will work good w/ my keyboard cause it has LEDs in it too.
Quote:
ok Mr.P.P. if you dont have a cat then try this project. its called mousebot. from "MAKE" magazine. u can really turn ur mouse to ...ya, mouse.
http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/9...96001143E7E506/

__________________
All i can say to that is LOL.
__________________

__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.