Mounting the PCs internals to the wall.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
In my current home I have very little room. I have a 7ft by 4ft Sofa and its only a bed sit. Honestly speaking I love this place. I enjoy playing around a lot with what I have and when I buy new stuff I like to se what I can do.

However I am pressed for space and so was thing if I could mount the guts of the PCs I have to the wall I have no case for them, for approx 2 too 3 of them how this could pan out.

I can't see this being a problem with the MoBo as you would have mounting holes for the screws all ready but the PSU, HDD & Optical drive I have no idea other than a bracket of some sort.

I'm 100% crap at DIY & I have no experience in this so I wasn't sure what to do. I certainly don't want it looking tacky but the wall space I have is unreal. All most every wall I have is bare and I was also thinking the cabling would prove to be a task as it would have to be routed accordingly such as Ethernet and PSU 3 Pin kettle lead.

What do you guys think.

Plenty of people have done it. Usually gets mounted to something like a sheet of plywood, and then the plywood gets mounted to the wall.

Plenty of people have done it. Usually gets mounted to something like a sheet of plywood, and then the plywood gets mounted to the wall.

Man carnage, this would be unreal if I could pull this off and have it looking pretty decent. I'm a homely person but I so love my tech. I just dont want to have something that looks utter hideous and tacky. If I can get the routing of the cabling to look smart and well managed such as neat and tidy it mite work.

Instead of plywood I'm thinking some sort of alternative material such as plastic. say a nice big square sheet with the components arranged in order.

Have you any idea what material I could use.

I have done this serveral times, and will be doing ti after my big move to one of my desktops for asthetic looks.

Items you will need.
Plexiglass ( a sheet of the area you will need.)
Stand off screws ( I suggest using all the mobo has.
Drill with bit to match the bottom of the stand offs.
SUPER GLUE ( works to secure the threading in the plexiglass)

As far as items such as HDD, DVD, etc you should but L brackets that you can mount to the plexiglass.
I belive the funest part is the layout, how you will layout the MOBO and all adjoining parts.
if you have questions PM me or post here. and I will attempt to help you best I can.

Bonus, is you can add led lights to the plexiglass in order to light up the display. I liek using fiber lights as well, because you can make a design in to the bottom of board and line it with flex lighting.

Back
Top Bottom