mounting a fan in a dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCfreak91

Baseband Member
i have a dell inspiron 4300 ( i got it for my bday) and want to know how and whee to install a second fan so i can overclock it to like 1.8ghz (current- 1.5ghz)can someone tell me how or a website to find the info

Sounds like it will have to be a custom job. Wait, you can't oc dells can you? I don't think you can.

On a related topic, a friend is building a computer and simply wishes to add some fans and heatsinks--how do you figure out where to place them (and know that you won't screw anything up)? Essentially same question as his, without the Dell!

:p

yea i just figured that out now that you can't oc them. it sucks. is there a way to upgrade the bios or pass over it so i can oc it?

Basically, without a new mobo you cant do squat. And with that new mobo, you would have to reformat your hdd and re-install windows (because of dells evil plot to monopolize), and you would have to get a new case because only dell mobo's fit in dell cases.

lazerman said:
Basically, without a new mobo you cant do squat. And with that new mobo, you would have to reformat your hdd and re-install windows (because of dells evil plot to monopolize), and you would have to get a new case because only dell mobo's fit in dell cases.

Dude your going to hell.

Next time ask for a gift card from Best Buy.

The dell mobos are intel boards and they will fit in other cases and I'm pretty sure any other ATX board with 3 slots in the back will fit in their case because I have ann old old dell dimension XPS### case and I put in a new mobo that has dual slot 1's.

So unless you want to get a mini-ATX board you gotta get a new case. I'm not completely sure but I think its a mini-ATX unless ur dell is a higher end model with 7 slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom