motherboard temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

0000o

Beta member
hai...

i got a question about some motherboard thing
i m curious about how actually the motherboard derive the processor temperature..and also the section within the motherboard.
izit true that it gets it temperature from the transistors and capasitors? if its true, how izit done? and izit possible for us to get the values for our own usage? for calculation and stuff

another thing : how can we get the processor and bus speed? in a format that we can calculate stuff and so on..

thanX for reviewing my post...
i ll be glad if someone could help me out...
thanX!!

0000o.... Please do not cross post to another forum. Your other post in "Hardware/Software" has been removed. Thank you!====MicroBell :D

Dave, i always thought the temp sensor was on the CPU die protruding up a bit. on my XP processors i can see this metal piece that sticks out on the die. i always figured that was the temp sensor.

but on second thought the thermaltake hardcano 9 that i was wanting to buy had a temp probe that required you to tape a wire to a tiny black resistor on the underside of the processor somewhere in the center. actually it probably isn't a resistor, my understanding of electronics is limited which is pretty apparent :eek:

if i got it right, you guys are saying that the motherboard sensor for the temperature is actuall situated near/under the CPU??

if so, why is that when i turn my intake fan ON, only the motherboard temp goes down significantly when idle?

thanks!just curious.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom