Motherboard compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukem

Where am I again?
I currently have an HP a522n computer. I have been wanted to do some upgrades, tweaks, possible over-clocking, etc... What I have to do first is get a new motherboard. What I want is a motherboard that will take all the stock parts right now; i.e:
Memory, socket 478 CPU, etc... and push them to a board that will let me upgrade to at least 3.4 sometime down the road, AND will elt me upgrade memory to at least 3Gig (if not 4) but I have to admit I haven't the knowledge (YET...) to know what kind of board I should get. Oh... and for right now keep it in the HP case. Sound doable? any help sugestions would be VERY helpful and appriciated. Thanx

Well first, what will you be using this computer for? Gaming? Second, with a new mobo that can support up to 3.4ghz, and will also be good for OC. Will probably take different RAM then your current rig.

Heres a great suggestion, just buy the mobo, and dont put it in your computer. Just built a howl new rig. I dont know your money issues nor what your going to use this computer for. But 900$ can built a nice computer.

The main thing I'll be using it for will be media stuff, and some gaming. But mostly for multi-media stuff. When I got this thing, I had a P3 600 Mhz machine that was CRAP from the word go!! So I can't complain TOO much about what I have now. I am limited on a budget, hence why I am asking about using the parts I have now and then branch off from there. I basically try and get an upgrade part every other month or so... Like now it's sitting with:

1 Gig Kinston PC2100 Ram (max ram)
3 case fans
450W Power supply (vice stock 250)
Radeon 9600 video card</a> (about a year old)

But since this is a stock intel board I can't do much with it. SOme of the programs I use for my media stuff are serious memory hogs and I can't multi-task to good when I'm runnig them, hence why more memory (2-3 Gig) I'm not all that much into tyring to get the best machine that will beat everyone else and all that, I'm trying to get what I can a piece at a time. What I have now is ok for me, but I want better, but I'm not in a hurry to get it. To give you a rea good idea of what I have now... Try this:

HP a522n Product Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom