Motherboard bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceviper

Solid State Member
First time builder here....

is it difficult to mount the processor and heatsink on a motherboard or should i look for a motherboard/processor combo?

also, how do you connect front usb ports on cases to the motherboard? Is soddering required? i dont suppose it be nice and simple clips or locks?

oh and i forgot, if i buy the processor separately, it says it comes with fan and heat sink, are they going to be ok or should i look into buying better ones?

Usually you look into buying a different one if you plan on overclocking (making your processor run faster than it should).

I like motherboard and CPU combo's, but they ship the parts seperate in most cases. Putting your own CPU in is easy.

Make sure their the right socket, EX a socket 939 motherboard and a socket 939 CPU

VipeR,

On the USB,

Most cases come with wires you plug right onto the Motherboard.
The wires and the board should be labeled.

With all due respect, I think you need a little more guidance on building this thing. I would reccommend getting a book on the subject and brushing up. When I was starting out, a book that helped me (and I still sometimes refer to) was

Upgrading and Repairing PCs
by Scott Mueller, Craig Zacker

Here is a link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0789716364/102-6001599-6496142

Good Luck,
Dan

thanks for the idea bout a book, i went to my uncle and he gave me a book

maximum PC guide to building a dream pc

very informative on the actual buildign and set up of bios, but a bit lacking on choices for gaming, home use and office use ideas

All you have to do is line up the pins, drop it in, pull the lever down, and push the heatsink/fan combo on. The fan is alright but it is loud.

thanks for all the info, my parts should all be here by the 9th so thatll be the day we see how well i can do this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom