motherboard is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
I had to RMA my motherboard a couple weeks back because the hdd controllers pooped out. Well it's back now (finally) after Newegg taking their time and giving me false time quotes for the process.

Anyways, overclocking the CPU back up. I reapplied the AS5 (too thick before). Got it up to 2.75Ghz on 1.5v but running up to 54ºC. Pushed it to 2.8Ghz at 1.55v but temps were hitting upwards of 58º with that. Backed off to 2.7GHz @ 1.475v max temp. 51º. Running mem. at 225Mhz at stock voltage (2.68v)

I don't want to push the voltage at all on this motherboard because I upped the voltage on the chipset for stability last time and that ended up frying my hdd controller I think. Besides, the diff. between 2.7ghz and 2.8ghz isn't even noticeable.

Here's the interesting thing. I think the last motherboard I had may have been a little iffy to begin with. It's the exact same motherboard, but before I was running 2.7GHz @ 1.55v. It wasn't stable at a lower voltage at all. Also, I had to up the memory voltage to 2.8 in order for it to run over 220MHz. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom