Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yöda

Solid State Member
im building my own computer and i was wondering what the best motherboard would be to by
also i am looking at the amd 64 bit processors.... anything better??

the mother board i was looking at was the soyo kt600 dragon ultra platinum

any suggestions???

it does depend on what processor because each type of processor (ex: socket A, 754, 939) needs a different type of motherboard. If you tell us what your budget or processor choice is, we can tell you the best MB for it. Choose your MB from the specs of your processor. :)

You definitely want to go for socket 939 and since they've released down to the 3000+ 64 I believe in socket 939 you should be able to get a good and fairly cheap Socket 939 system. I suggest you look into the 3000+ or 3200+ for Socket 939 if you're on somewhat of a budget.

Also the best motherboards IMO are the ABit AV8-3rd Eye and the MSI Neo2-Platinum, I've worked with the MSI, not the ABit, but ABit is a reputable company. The MSI board was good and has nice features and options in the BIOS, overall a good motherboard I say.

Also realize that we won't be in a 64bit environment until like 2006 so right now, since it's not fully utilized, if you can OC you can get a chip like mine and OC it to high speeds that'll surpass and AMD64 chip, but basically with the 64 you'll be setting yourself more up for the future in computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom