More video card RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
Is there anyway to give my video card more RAM? It only has 128mb, and even though more RAM probally won't help it that much, it would still be nice for more.

I don't mean physically adding RAM, but like share it with my system RAM, or from the HDD. Is that possible? The AGP aperature size in BIOS is 256mb, does that mean my video card will have 256mb of RAM?

Help welcome, thanks.

No you can't do that. The only way that you'd be able to do that is if you had a video card with turbo cache. The aperature size is just what your bios can support.

If you really want to boost preformance, overclock you video card.

I did overclock it, but I don't think it even made a noticable difference.

I OC'ed the core from 395mhz to 470mhz, the memory didn't make it far without artifacts.

My CPU is plenty fast enough to do what I want, it's just that my video card is holding me back.

I was hoping I could spice it up a little while I save money for a new one.

ATi Radeon 9600 128mb.

I can't afford a new card right now, which is why I was hoping I could boost this one a little.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.1GHz

My dad is running a AMD Athlon XP2800+ (32bit) with an ATi x850XT 256mb video card, and he can run everything maxed on BF2 with absolutely no lag.

So I'm quite sure my CPU will have no trouble running BF2 on max. I do plan to OC it anyway, but not until I have a better understanding of OC'ing. Plus it's new, so I'm going to wait a while.

If that CPU is running at 2.1GHz then it's overclocked. I'm not saying that overclocking your CPU will change thing a huge amount but it doesn't hurt. Do whatever you want. I'd get a new video card for sure. How much do you want to spend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom