more reliable board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tula M91-30

Solid State Member
I have two MB's one is a Shuttle AN35 N-400 the other is a AOpen AK77-8x. I dont care about one being a nforce chipset and the other a Via. Both are new and I am wondering which will last the longest and be the most reliable (stable) under normal circumstances. I have always used Gigabyte but I got these boards for a song, so I do not have much experience with these brands other then having a shuttle spacewalker socket 7 board years ago which I dont remember haveing any probs with.

Both are in that 'Ehhhh' category really IMO.....I'd just look at the manufacturer specs and see which one offers you the most options regarding the board itself and the BIOS unless you really don't care about BIOS options then at that point it doesn't matter.

As for 'which is more stable' well thats really up to the flip of a coin, who knows, every board and system is different ya know? One could work better in your system than the other and the other board could work better in my system than the first know what I mean?

I guess I will use the AOpen then due to the VIA's driver stability and availability. Even though VIA uses customers as guinea pigs. I have run that board and was pretty surprised by how well it performed. It seemed to run better then the gigabyte 7n400's I have used in the past. I havnt taken the shuttle out the box yet however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom