Molex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yon

In Runtime
well, I have used up all my molex connectors and still have a few fans left over to stick in... If fans where to share a molex thingy, would that affect them in any way?

naa, you can do that

ohh yea, be sure not to put very many on each strand though, bad for your psu, especially if you have a crap one.

how many fans are you putting in your computer? really, there is a thing as excess...

i say fans galore, the more the better... i mean look at nubius i think his fan count is at 9 at the moment and 2 in his psu... and he gets mad temps... but you can definitely share em and not cause too much trouble...

Speaking of Nubius's case, I did like the idea of stickin a fan behind the mobo. But i didn't realy see or feel any improvement when stacking fans, maybe it's only when they are in different directions... But what do i know, I am only me.

Btw, I got a Antec TrueBlue 480W PSU and only 4 fans... So I think a little more should be allowed... lol

i think the reason nubius' fans worked was that the blades on one would spin opposite direction of the other but still blow in the correct direction like a jet engine(he said). i dont know if it helped but his temps are killer so good luck

But i didn't realy see or feel any improvement when stacking fans,
Maybe it's just me then. But when I put two fans ontop of each other I get a definite notice in more air movement. The only ones that I had spinning opposite directions is on my secondary's heatsink fan...that has two stacked fans spinning opposite directions but pushing air the same way. The stacked fans I have in the rear as exhaust is just two fans both spin the same way and blow air the same way and it works excellent. When the back of the stacked fans wasn't on my temp was at 33C idle...when I wired it so that other back fan worked (cause I had it wired wrong originally so only 1 of 2 was spinning) the temp went down to 25C Idle. Also I have a Fan controller so that's something to think about (thread owner) because I'm not simply tying it all up on one PSU power line.

i mean look at nubius i think his fan count is at 9 at the moment and 2 in his psu...

9 case fans, 1 on the CPU, and 2 in the PSU for a total of 12 :D

plus I'm overclocked from 1.8GHz to 2.7GHz so you know that's using up that +12v Rail.

how many fans are you putting in your computer? really, there is a thing as excess...
Nah there's not :p

This guy was asking about my mod and was telling me he was considering getting a Lian-Li case and modding it with 13 or 15 fans in it! lol I think that is counting the PSU fans in total also though but still that'd be more than mine :D

Besides yon how did you run out of connectors? Usually the fans have pass through connectors specifically for that reason...so you don't use up your molex connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom